New Moon, Annular Solar Eclipse, aka Ring of Fire! – Jupiter Virgo/Libra, Saturn T Square, Three Eclipses!
Full Harvest Moon, Penumbral Lunar Eclipse! – Mars T Square the Eclipse and Bow with Venus & Uranus!
New Moon, Annular Solar Eclipse, aka Ring of Fire! – Jupiter Virgo/Libra, Saturn T Square, Three Eclipses!
Thursday September 1, 2:03 AM Pacific at 9 Virgo 21, visible in Africa
It’s fall Eclipse Season! New Moon eclipses are Sun and Moon together, Moon backlighted by Sun! This will be a beautiful annular eclipse, ‘…well-placed observers in Mozambique get to see the Moon’s disk completely silhouetted by sunlight for 186 seconds!’ Webcam time for those of us not in Africa.
Both Virgo time Eclipses frame Jupiter’s sign change from Virgo to Libra Sep 9, the only sign change of 2016! With sign changes, there is the finishing, graduation of one sign, a foundation built for the next sign, the new beginning. With New Moons there is the ending/finishing of the lunar cycle, founding the newly beginning next cycle, another rite of passage. This last lunar event while Jupiter is still in Virgo, collects, charges our energy to complete Jupiter’s intention and good works in Virgo. We are grounding and anchoring the foundation for Jupiter’s new beginning, bringing powerful Virgo skills to the table for partnering in Libra. There is a note of Purity with both Sun and Moon in Virgo. Moon is potently charged with Sun’s Virgo Light. Moon, so closer to Earth and us, transmorphs this energy to us using her full nurturing powers to hold it, love it, grow it, teach it, keep it safe until it can stand on its own. Moon makes us feel it, not just define and categorize, but to sincerely tap it to serve and do our best, keep it’s integrity in a loving way.
Saturn in Sagittarius square Neptune in Pisces’s finishing aspect is Sep 10 at 20 Sag, the day after Jupiter enters Libra! It is a background aspect that has been running since Dec 23, 2014. In 2016, it ran from April 13, continues through Oct 31. It has brought its share of sorrows and broken dreams as well as letting go of things no longer needed in our lives. Many are starting all over again, humbly, wiser, lighter, cleaner. Saturn is the Builder, often surviving and persevering beyond the odds. Neptune’s fears are overcome, dreams may be wakened from their sleep even long after hope has been lost. Never give up!
The New Moon Eclipse is one degree making this Square come alive, making it what we astrologers call a T Square! There will be no forgetting or ignoring! See the red lines in the chart forming the triangle? Saturn is at the point, so it is in the proactive position and like an antenna scanning! It is sensitive to requested responsibilities, though it’s thoughtful whether it wants to take on more or pass it to someone else. It is aware of the details from Virgo being pressed upon it that will make the project more costly but likely worth it. With FOUR planets in Virgo likely some ideas are going to get through, though temporarily others will come to an abrupt halt! No amount of begging to be heard will work. Wait and try again later. Neptune is saying it’s not ALL about money, make it magical too! Cap knows time is of the essence and neglect of key points can’t happen, so is letting people know what is needed and by when! Getting just the right balance of factors is going to be a challenge, but moving the puzzle pieces will reveal the right fit. Guard against overwork; get rest and light exercise.
Moon and Sun also square Mars that has just passed Saturn. There have been and will be kinks in the conduit! Here are the sequences in the T Square. Expect delays as Moon squares Saturn at 3:25 AM Pacific. While many are sleeping, early risers on the eastern seaboard might be late to work. Opposite Neptune 4:33 AM Pacific, they can’t find the coffee, the kids might get lost in a fog. Square Mars 11:39 AM Pacific tempers might be short, there is little time, could overdo exercise, sex wasn’t worth it. Sun squares Saturn 8:22 PM Pacific. Hasn’t been fun for a good 3 – 5 days. Blamed, shamed, bullied and bummed. Too much to do, too little time. Next it is opposite Neptune 9:38 AM Pacific on Sep 2. Who am I? Should I give up or go for it? Why me? Sun travels closely in square with Mars until the exact aspect the 13th, after Jupiter enters Libra, after Saturn squares Neptune. Frustration has been building; Libra may help resolve differences and unfairness. There may be challenges and faceoffs taken personally. Saturn may break patterns of denial, forgiveness and understanding on both parts, and of yourself, may save the day. If necessary, walk away. Wait for things to settle. If several other factors are lucky in your chart is could be an unexpectedly very productive time!
Moon and Sun are trine, flowing with Pluto in Capricorn. Besides the potential of deep personal change and empowering your relationships, depending on your chart, positive action can bring amazing weath! Moon makes the trine 12:59 PM Pacific the same day. Sun makes the trine Sep 6 at 10:17 PM Pacific. Stop to take time to tune in on Eclipse day, at the time of the eclipse if possible, 2:03 AM Pacific, and at the Moon’s trine. See if you feel it’s your time and what to do about it, what your next step is. Do some consulting, or follow your intuition through the 6th, even the 7th. Don’t invest your life savings, test with a sum you feel comfortable with. You can always add more later. See a couple astrologers. These dates are in the last days of Jupiter in Virgo, so best choices will have a Virgo flavor. Services, animal and health industries, earth industries, investments. Another strategy would be to pre invest in Jupiter Libra businesses before prices go up or start or get jobs in Libra businesses. Travel, social, anthropology, intercultural exchange, imports, rights, law, politics. Soon as Jupiter goes into Libra some of those businesses will noticeably increase in value. Be ready to flow with the sign changes. Jupiter goes into Scorpio Oct 10, 2017.
There will be not one, but three eclipses three days in a row! First is our SOLAR ECLIPSE New Moon. Then there are two mini eclipses, also called, occultations. The day after the Solar Eclipse, Moon conjuncts Mercury Retrograde 3 PM and occults Jupiter 13 minutes later at 3:13 PM Pacific, Mercury conjuncts All at 28 Virgo! Moon occults Venus 12 hours later on Saturday 4:03 AM Pacific at 5 Libra! Very good chance one of these three eclipses activates your chart! With all Mini Moon eclipses, the planets are lined up in a straight shot! They are not just passing by each other, but are also at the same elevation! Moon is amplifier, translator, blends with the energy of the further planet.
- Conjunct, with Mercury of conscious intelligence, Moon in Virgo, one of Mercury’s signs, is in happy accord. Ideas become not just logical, but felt. Their worth and value become a part of us at a more instinctive, personal and primordial level.
- Moon amplifies Jupiter while Jupiter is in its last 7 days in Virgo. It amplifies Jupiter’s mature accumulated vital information, the summary version of what Jupiter has been transmitting this last year. Specially tune in for important knowledge. Jupiter is always planning ahead, looking to the future, adjusting where and how to get there. Moon is feminine and balances Jupiter’s gusto with the daily possibilities that can realistically be accomplished. Moon softens the logic to a nurturing ambience – less demands, more working together as a human family.
- Mercury Retrograde with Jupiter can be endlessly chatty reconsidering the past few days since they were together before on Aug 22. What brainstorming! They have been a close 3 degrees and less since Aug 17. Since Aug 26 they will holding Mercury’s 8 day Station together until Sep 2, the day after our Eclipse! Stations are a time of intense focus, concentration, potent absorption, instilling important anchor points. Mercury Rx conjuncts Jupiter the second time Sep 2 at 10:18 AM Pacific! Gleaning the best ideas will be super rewarding! Mercury gathers the data, sees the purpose, given the big picture, plants the idea seeds in all the right places! If you are a writer, reserve as many of these days as possible to write, write, write! What stories, what how tos! FUN and funny to boot!
Venus conjuncts Jupiter Aug 27, Mercury conjuncts Venus Aug 28, Venus leaves Virgo and enters one of its own signs, Libra, Aug 29. Mercury retrogrades Aug 30. Mercury conjuncts Jupiter Sep 2 after the Sep 1 Eclipse. Moon occults Jupiter the same day, and Venus the next! What an intricate sequence! Venus leaves Mercury and Jupiter behind, so it is up to Mercury and Jupiter to get the word together while Venus paves the way for the social connections that will be interested in what Mercury and Jupiter have to offer. All this before Jupiter enters Libra too! Preparation is crucial. Truth, love and beauty, long term plans are under consideration. The primary dance is with Jupiter. Plans need revamping. What is on your mind is reconsidered from many vantage points and deepened in context of the New Moon Eclipse.
- As Jupiter changes from Virgo to Libra, so do Venus and the Moon! Venus makes the switch Aug 29, the Moon does following the Eclipse, preparing the way! When Moon leaves Virgo, she occults Venus in LIBRA, one of Venus’ signs. They carry information into the sign Jupiter will enter Sep 9, now only six days away! Moon and Venus are feminine beauty, Moon adding her mothering qualities to Venus beauty! Venus is our values, things we want, relationships we cherish or wish for, monies we need for our services, laws and politics. Jupiter has given them greater meaning yet, more perspective. Moon reminds us of our parental and cultural context, women’s roles. It all calls for a balancing of what we can do, how to serve justice, be fair and respectful, put ourselves in the other’s place as equal beings.
This complex sequence involves six planets. Sun, Moon, Neptune, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus. Let Love and Beauty reign!
Both Virgo time Eclipses are during Mercury Retrograde! Revisions in our thinking and actions aren’t always wanted or comfortable, but they do take us up, or down like switchbacks on a mountain road. Sometimes we can see down where we have been and wondered how we ever made it. Other times we look up from below and are exultant to reach the top. Other times we meander along and enjoy sights from different perspectives, opening our minds. Jupiter, the most important planet at this time, loves a great road trip and Jupiter is considered to be lucky in the sign it is in! While still in Virgo there will be worthwhile finishing touches. Make it so!
VIRGO New Moon Solar Eclipse Astrology Chart x
Full Harvest Moon, Penumbral Lunar Eclipse! Mars T Square the Eclipse and Bow with Venus & Uranus!
Friday September 16, 12:05 PM Pacific at 24 Pisces 20 – Not visible in North America
This is the last eclipse of 2016, the first eclipse of Jupiter in Libra! Just a week ago, Jupiter entered Libra Sep 9; Saturn made its last square to Neptune Sep 10. Since Saturn was at Station (standing still at its turning point, forward out of Retrograde), it is still less than a degree in the square, will be slowly moving forward away from the sadnesses and losses it brought to so many. There is a considerable shift in attention as Jupiter endorses Libra, the focus now on how to share the offerings of your talents, developed in Virgo, into meaningful relationships, both business and pleasure! October 23 starts a whole new round of SIX aspects through Dec 31 that will be the primary aspects of 2017! Jupiter will be in Libra until Oct 10, 2017. This eclipse is acting as a bridge between what was and will be. Libra is a sign of bridges and axes, so get social, balance up! Mercury is still RETROGRADE until Sep 21. Don’t expect things to be stable, rather embrace creative solutions at a deeper level than expected! Bring offerings and give gratitude!
Penumbral Eclipses translate energy of the Sun though Earth as the Medium, to Moon in Shadow. Moon is shrouded then significantly dimmed, then emerges back though the shadow cape back to as we see her as usual. Though we in North America won’t see it at home, it still happens. If you want to visually follow it, find a good webcam site. If you want to meditate, be Sun, be Earth, feel what Moon receives. As Moon, send your filtered energy with Earth’s gratitude, prayers for all Beings, human, animal, Tree and Stone people and as you are guided.
Full Moons span the heavens from opposite vantage points gifting us with perspective. Virgo the tech helps make Pisces dreams come true. Pisces soothes Virgo, intuitively blessing us with nonlinear insights. Virgo and Pisces are strongly represented with a T Square to Mars that will make it more lively!
- Virgo has Sun, our identity as one who serves as only you can, like no other.
- Mercury in Virgo trine Pluto in Capricorn is an important part of this Eclipse! It is so close, just over a degree now, retrograding back to make the trine on the 20th, turns direct/forward the 21st, Sun goes into Libra the 22nd, Mercury trines Pluto the third and last time the 23rd! This is all during Mercury’s 8 day Station (standing still when it turns directions), an 8 day period Sep 18 to 25. Stations are an intense time of absorption and consolidation. You practically become one with the information instilled. Mercury is sorting back to clean up any snafus, obstructions. It wants the right clean information so it can apply the healing that makes the difference. Pluto knows about detoxing, deathbeds, and miraculous recoveries. This is a good time for them to collaborate.Mercury is close with the North Node, taking on things it thought it couldn’t do, and feels a little out of its league, but heady to be there! He’s taking notes right and left, some of it to be stored and restored, lost bits recovered, protected to be understood in time. Hopefully it will all come together when Mercury goes direct/forward! Health may be under consideration, job, pets, specialty training.
- Pisces has Neptune, it’s own planet, at the South Node, things of the past. Could be yesterday or a few lifetimes ago. Some needs letting go, some a more current assimilation, other must never be forgotten, but honored, even kept sacred. Perhaps it’s time to realize what we let go long ago and fulfill that dream now! Moon has just connected with Chiron, close kin. They both serve as teachers and healers. They commiserated, shared insights, congratulated each other and are encouraged to continue their works.
- Mars rides in, laughs in Sagittarius, cracks the whip and says enough! Either run away with me or back to work! He quickly sums up what it all means, makes a plan, and assigns duties! No fears, if you make a mistake we’ll fix it! Need help? We’ll get it for you. Chuck the compulsive details, we’ll get there just fine. Oh, and there’s a party Friday, I expect you ALL to come! Dress comfy, we’ll quit a bit early!
Try not to get in a mess. Mars can be impatient and that flusters and irritates Virgo. In Sagittarius there is volume, and Virgo cringes while Pisces may be swept with it or simply evaporates when there is too much stress. Then everyone is off and nothing gets done or at least not well done. Take it easy. Reassure Mars he’s Number 1, listen best you can, show your good faith. Restore Virgo’s serenity with some softer music, or move them out of the line of fire! You may have to court Pisces to come out of the zone they went to, like the beach, LOL, or the headphones. Get back on track.
Venus, Mars, Uranus Bow Pattern! Venus is coming along to dance with Mars, and she knows the steps in Libra – ballroom and ballet are favorites! Mars in Sag is not necessarily noted for finesse, too blunt, moments of inappropriate truth, running off, and she may have some teaching to do. But she’s sweet & suave, and coos, and he feels worthy and does his best to please her. He may have a few surprises to share, like maybe he likes some lively ethnic or square dancing, and she loves him flinging her about held strongly in his arms, heart pounding and in that great billowy skirt! What a grand romantic moonlight horseback ride, and loved meeting those people from far, far away. Together they can charm the socks off the whole team!
But the one that surprises both of them is Uranus! He is opposite Venus enticing her to cut loose! He is in Aries, Mars’ sign, so he and Mars together are waking up hundreds and thousands to new ways of doing things right before our very eyes! Some are becoming amazingly more independent. Some are joining forces and formidably challenging old ways and offering credible solutions! Exciting and creative times. Venus is an outstanding broker and intermediary!
Parallel inconjuncts again! [The two purple lines] Parallel and equidistant patterns have their own peculiar potency. Last month’s Leo/Aquarius Full Grain Moon had Mercury/Jupiter inconjunct Moon and Sun inconjunct Chiron. Our Harvest Moon Penumbral Lunar Eclipse has Sun inconjunct Uranus and Moon leaving inconjunct Venus! Last month they were 24 and 25 degrees, this time they are 21 to 24 degrees, 24, the degree Chiron was at, being the link between both Full Moons.
- Sun and Uranus rule opposite signs Leo/Aquarius. It’s important how we make adjustments about being an individual among our fellows. Some things must be free to be done alone and others can’t be done alone, prosper from sharing and union. Virgo to Aries is unstable, but full of ideas and excellent intentions.
- Moon and Venus are both feminine, adapting nurturing and loving grace into our daily affairs. Moon fills your bowl and Venus blesses your way in appreciation. She’s potent in one of her own signs, and Jupiter, now in Libra too, is giving his prosperity to partnerships. Faith and equality, balance and justice for the greater good. Libra to Pisces is so different. Libra is social, loves classical music and symphony while Pisces loves quiet time or a full on concert roaring to the rafters! But Libra can whip up an amazing poster and Pisces loves art too, right from the Soul!
In several ways, this eclipse is acting as a bridge between what was and will be. Together we can make it strong and good.
Pisces/Virgo Full Harvest Moon, Penumbral Lunar Eclipse Chart
BLACK MOON! The next New Moon, is the second one in September on Friday Sep 30, 5:11 PM Pacific at 8 Libra 15.x
Please, always remember these planetary combinations are what’s happening in the world. Check with your astrologer to see how they do, or don’t, activate your personal chart! May it go well with you….