Unique friendships across the world…
March 2017 Notes: These four aspects closed 2016, repeat two more times, are now the main aspects of 2017. They finish Nov 11, 2017. Eleven, eleven! Currently the closest aspect in progress is the April 30 Saturn square Chiron. See aspect #3 below.
2016 opened with a second time of three Jupiter VIRGO opposite Chiron, inconjunct Uranus. Jupiter inconjuncted Uranus two times. Jupiter in LIBRA reverses the aspects, opposite Uranus, inconjunct Chiron! It started opposite the first of 3 times the day after Christmas. Holiday differences of opinions, broad exchanges of information were very likely. 2015, 16, 17 have been and will be linked by these reverse aspects from different signs to Chiron and Uranus. See more! In addition, SATURN starts aspecting these two planets as well, Christmas Eve and on the Dec 28 NEW MOON.
These aspects are part of what I’m calling the Holiday Four at the end of 2016! Saturn and Jupiter are alternating. The first two aspects are to Uranus, the second two are to Chiron. All four aspects are different, strongly activating factors in our charts from 18 to 23 degrees.
- Christmas Eve, Dec 24 Saturn trine Uranus, 20 degrees. May 18, 2017 retrograde at 26 Sagittarius. Third and last Nov 11 at 25 Sag! Saturn goes into Capricorn Sep 2017. Uranus goes into Taurus May 2018. Saturn retrogrades back to an almost exact trine Uranus. Uranus goes into Gemini eight years later, April 2026. Saturn catches up to make the conjunction June of 2032! It will be 16 years before we have another exact aspect of these two.
- Dec 26 Jupiter opposition Uranus, 20 degrees. Mar 2, 2017 at 22 Libra. Last Sep 27 at 27 Libra.
- Dec 28 Saturn square Chiron, 21 degrees. NEW MOON 10:53 PM Pacific. Jupiter sextile Saturn closest Dec 28/29. April 30, 2017 second Saturn square Chiron 27 Sag. Third and last Nov 2 at 24 Sag.
- Dec 31, last day of the year, Jupiter inconjunct Chiron, 21 degrees. The year finishes with aspects to Chiron. Second inconjunct was Feb 14, 2017 at 23 Libra.. Last is Sep 23 at 26 Libra.
1. Saturn and Uranus rule neighboring signs earthy conservative Capricorn, and far, far out electric air sign Aquarius! Short and tall! Saturn is the lawmaker, Aquarius the lawbreaker! Saturn says if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Aquarius takes the clock apart and puts it back together, figuring out a new way to make it better. Saturn, the builder scientist, is so steady, determined. Uranus is infinitely unpredictable, thinks out of the box, researches and invents! Saturn puts up the framing, Uranus installs the electrical system. A trine is usually a harmonious link, so businessman Saturn and banker/bartender Uranus do find common ground – buy the bar or bank, right?! And they can be surprisingly great friends! Off to the patent office, then into production! Futurist Uranus, ahead of his times, chats it up with Saturn in farseeing Sagittarius. Together they get insight how to make things work for current everyday use. Saturn happily follows right along.
Saturn in Sagittarius trine Uranus in Aries brings a calming, a reasonable sense of responsibility, yet is still spunky in fire signs! Sag and Aries love their independence, so Saturn ordains and protects the function of much needed fast getaways to restore the spirit. There is more leeway with working hours, less hovering to see things get done ‘properly,’ more creativity encouraged! Working with friends is super, same general goals, things get done quickly. Uranus in Aries does split second mid air research that saves time, points amazing directions, is invaluable in making this project stand out above others of the past! Flying consultants in, brainstorming, making new working friendships and alliances is just fun! Have your gifts ready! The company party will be in good taste and spectacular with the computerized light show! Don’t forget to invite your Father’s friend and take lots of px for Facebook!
The last trine with Uranus, Nov 11, eleven eleven seventeen, is the first of the amazing continuous positive string of aspects late 2017 through Nov 1 2018! Do it well; get a good start!
2. Jupiter in social Libra livens up in opposition with Uranus in Aries in the dark of winter. There are choices to be made, who to hang with, go together or stay out of it, independent. There may be separations from friends, and I don’t just mean holiday travels. Letting go has its merits. Meeting new potential partners, business and pleasure, is likely. Negotiating across the table can be done with regard, giving equality, accepting the ways of others, integrating the gifts all bring.
Jupiter opposite Uranus can bring a shocking or super exciting event. Be cautious about flights. Get the insurance, choose an airline with high safety standards and a good track record. Be careful in general. Don’t stray from your group. World events often happen a week or so preceding the date, Dec 26, up to 2 or 3 days following. As much as New Moons are thought to be quiet, they can be a time of intense focus. even loneliness. If leaving your holiday family gathering, you may not be as alert as you think things over, miss them. Keep tabs on your surroundings and the people with you.
This is a significant aspect because it emphasizes matters of the challenging Uranus square Pluto. It is a reminder of happenings since 2010 that remain with us, many taking years to work through. That square returns to a 5 degree or less closeness 11.29.16 to 4.13.17, Uranus then leaving Pluto behind. During that time Jupiter also squares Pluto. That configuration will bring actively challenging Cardinal T Squares and a Grand Cross – Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn. March 7, 22-23 and 28 (NEW MOON Mar 27) will be particularly potent as Jupiter closes on its second square with Pluto exact March 30 at 19 Libra. See more
3. WARNING. Saturn square Chiron blocks or breaks away. The Magi astrologers consider this a sad aspect of loss in relationships, wounding, depression. I have a realistic regard for this one and won’t recommend holiday marriages this year unless you have way above average compatibility, both of you have super progressions and otherwise fabulous transits, and your astrologer arranges the very best possible date and time for you. But good compatibility can be brought down by a wedding chart fraught with long term difficult aspects. Why pick aspects like this when you can do so much better? Classically three of the Holiday Four aspects are difficult and none are traditional marriage aspects. Though the Holiday Four are activating 18 to 22 degrees, and that may not activate any factor in your charts, they are still part of the wedding chart. It will have problems, and that chart is the one for the purpose of your union. If Karma comes calling, and you must do it, then study up on these aspects well. In some ways the tables can be turned; in others, you will do the dance as spelled out.
That said, here are some ideas how to use this square to full advantage. Buckle up. Saturn knows how to prioritize, condense its energy, waste no time, has super focus, puts the right people in the right places to get the job done! Yes! Just like a Surveyor, in Sagittarius, they can locate to the right place within a hairsbreadth, build with confidence! They have the wisdom to pick projects that make sense over time, adding up over the years, future benefits multiplied! Hard work pays off.
Chiron was immortal and suffered a wound that wouldn’t heal. Through that experience he became an adept healer and teacher. In Pisces, there is a wordless compassion, often giving lifelong service to causes to benefit humanity. Chiron is also considered to be an astute business planet. Health spas, hospitals, senior facilities, schools and all their associated functions, working in these ways, as healers and teachers, express this energy well. Building facilities and housing, working in human resources, providing services to your community, are some of the ways Saturn and Chiron can combine their skills and intentions, work together for the greater good.
At the personal level, Saturn may need to learn when to get down on his knees, take a holiday break, leave the work at the office. In Sagittarius the wild card is wanting to run away, procrastinate some. Maybe that’s good, maybe not. But take a look at it. Take care of things that make you want to run away. Either it’s part of life and you need to man up, or it’s time for a change. If you need it, get some support. If you need support in your relationship, get it sooner than later. Save time down the road and don’t let things get beyond fixing. Be proud of your accomplishments and use that as a springboard to mentoring and teaching. Chiron in Pisces may be challenged by the ‘wounds’ of confusion or addictions, fear and escape. Holidays are often a tough time. Do your best to keep stress lower, avoid trigger situations, be with knowing and supportive people, go to extra meetings if you need to. Have your responses ready. Leave if you need to. Eat well, get a little exercise, and plenty of rest. Healer heal thyself. It’s ok to be exactly who you are, exactly where you are at. Blessed be.
If you are well and safe, do some special volunteer work. Get on the road and give some tenderness to others in need. Share your expertise. Serve dinners, scope out the soup line for a mentoree! See how your company can serve the community with its profits. Make those tax donations! What goes around comes around. Plant your seeds well.
4. Jupiter inconjunct Chiron spreads the healing.
Those of you trained that inconjuncts are bad, have only half the info! For many years I just about shivered when I saw them coming. Divorce was likely because partners were distracted, sidetracked – read stepped out. Uncomfortable things were avoided/ignored, daily things untended added up, causing more stress. Debt was often as finances were neglected, divorce caused extra expenses to both parties. Death was even part of the scenario. People just up and left the planet, lost contact, often unexpectedly estranged, though if you looked way back, you could have seen the signs. In many ways, it all seemed out of our control. Astrologers didn’t use the 150 degree aspect very much when I first started astrology, thinking it was hard to see in a chart, and to this day, it isn’t listed in many astrological calendars, even the Jim Maynard calendars! The other word for it was even weird, quincunx. Time to turn the tables.
Here’s the other half. Rather than bungling through or not at all, be proactive. It’s there, an open link, use it! Jupiter is adept at sizing up potential, eager to check out the sidelines. Detours are often more interesting than the daily ride. With Jupiter in Libra there surely needs to be some reassessments over there! Proactively offer your peacekeeping legal services, coaching expertise, the grace of your ideas and insights. Talk about what you see – both sides, leave no stone, weak spot, unturned. Chiron was a wise Centaur, so ask your questions, commiserate and consolidate! Put ignorance behind you. Whether you go back to the main road, or keep on going on this one, your knowledge is enhanced, good to spread it out as far and wide as possible! Your network expands into a whole new quadrant! You are not alone on this quest. Others will be traveling it as well and you can share what you reap at the crossroads.
[5.] In addition to the above four aspects, there is an almost, very, very close Jupiter sextile Saturn riding along with them. Jupiter and Saturn come closest Dec 28 (Capricorn New MOON) and 29! This, a positive aspect, may also bring up sadness, but deals well with it. See more
These Holiday Four are the first of three aspects each. They end 2016, and are active two more times each in 2017 also. Do your best to do them well. Get them off to a good start; the best results are yet to come!
May your New Year be well blessed.
Please, always remember these planetary combinations are what’s happening in the world. Check with your astrologer to see how they do, or don’t, activate your personal chart! May it go well with you….